Green Initiative Policy Statement
GuideStar is committed to doing its part to reduce its impact on the environment and promote awareness of environmental issues. The company has created a comprehensive sustainability policy that includes the following principles:
Waste Reduction and Resource Conservation
GuideStar incorporates the principles of reduce/reuse/recycle into its daily operations and measures the program’s success on a continual basis.
- Office-wide recycling that includes paper, batteries, beverage containers, printer toner cartridges, and other items
- Use of online phone directories rather than paper
- Policy against printing Web pages or email messages
When possible, GuideStar purchases goods and services that are long lasting, high quality, less toxic, reusable and easy to recycle.
- Purchase of reusable products and avoidance of disposable products
- Purchase of eco-friendly cleaning products for use in the office
As energy consumption depletes valuable resources and contributes to pollution, GuideStar® embraces strategies to reduce the amount of electricity consumed in its daily operations.
- Energy saving tools, such as hibernation and screen saver applications, installed on all computer equipment
- Policy requiring extinguishing all lights not in use
GuideStar is committed to reducing vehicle emissions, which cause harmful air pollution. The company encourages the application of sustainability principles as they relate to all aspects of business travel, including to and from work, and occasional business trips and meetings.
- Subsidizing of public transportation
- Establishment of a teleconferencing policy to minimize unnecessary air and road travel
- Adoption of telecommuting policy